Inside Alhambra monument there are four different spaces: Alcazaba, Nasrid Palaces, Partal and Generalife. Only the Nasrid Palaces has a fixed schedule of access that is specified in your ticket for Alhambra. If you arrive late you cannot enter inside the Nasrid Palace.
The total duration of the visit is about 3 hours, so if you need to rest you can do off Nasrid Palaces, next to the gardens of Partal and at the exit of Generalife.
It takes about half and hour to visit the Nasrid Palaces, so if your time to visit Nasrid is at he last minute to close is better to visit before the rest of Alhambra. The monument begins to evict from closing time.
You should use comfortable shoes as well as elements that protect you from the sun.
Regulations in Alhambra Palace and Generalife
To adquire a ticket to the monument of the Alhambra means acceptance of the following rules:
- Plant to arrive at least one hour before the schedule for the admission to the Nasrid Palace, since the duration of the entire visit is about 3 hours.
- All visitors must have a ticket with a bar code, even those with free admission, as children under 12 years old.
- You must enter to Nasrid Palace at the time indicated on your ticket.
- For safety reasons, children under 8 years old must go hand in hand.
- You cannot enter with backpacks, large bags or baby carriages. You can leave such objects inside the lockers. The Board of Alhambra and Generalife have available baby carrier backpacks free.
- You only can eat, drink or smoke in the areas designated for it. Inside the monument there are several water fountains.
- You can not shoot with a tripod or flash, even during the night visits, unless you have authorization.
- You can not throw garbage or waste, except in the bins installed for this reason.
- You can not access the monument with animals except guide dogs.
- You must respect all signs and not touch decorations or lean on the columns. To ensure safety of visitors and conservation of the monument, recordings are made under current legistaion.
- The official Board of Alhambra and Generalife has the right to change the itineraries and limit access to certain areas, even temporarily suspend the public visit.
Violations of the rules of the Alhambra
It is strictly prohibited any activity that lead to the deterioration of the monument, as well as environmental conditions and facilities.
- Altering in any way or reason the maximum capacity of 300 persons every half hour to access the Nasrid Palaces by unathorized personnel or by persons outside the Board of Alhambra and Generalife.
- The introduction of visitors in organized groups in a different schedule from unauthorized entry.
- Increase the maximum number of people authorized to visit using other methods, such as the union of groups because organization, language, etc.
- Itinerant sale or resale tickets of Alhambra and the Gardens of the site.
- Counterfeit tickets to the Alhambra monument.
- Tips or gifts to personnel working for the Board of the Alhambra and Generalife or performing any function thats depends on it.